Designed for the safe transportation and storage of hazardous goods, Pactainers UN® comply with the United Nations Recommendations on the Transportation of Dangerous Goods, usually known as the “Orange Book”.
In order to ensure that Pactainer UN® are permitted for transport by road, rail and sea, the bags are tested according to the following standards and regulations:
- Agreement concerning the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road (ADR),
- Regulation concerning the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Rail (RID) and
- The International Maritime Dangerous Goods (IMDG) code.
Prior to serial production, each type of Pactainer UN® obtains a type approval certificate issued by an authorized certification body. The certificate confirms the compliance of this specific product type with UN standards.
As a producer of UN certified bulk bags, our company cooperates with well-known research and testing institutes such as:
- Federal Institute for Materials Research and Testing (Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung, BAM), based in Berlin,
- Austrian Research Institute for Chemistry and Technology (Österreichisches Forschungsinstitut für Chemie und Technik, OFI), based in Vienna.
The Pactainer UN® is most commonly used for the transportation and storage of hazardous materials
classified under UN Packing Groups II (substances presenting medium danger) and III (substances presenting low danger).